Okay, now we know that I have talked, at great length, about the problems that have plagued me in the dating world as a Big Girl. I’ve discussed everything from Obesity being a Scary Word, to being told by several people that i need to Lower My Expectations because I’m fat. Please read those two blogs for background information if you need to. For now,
Let’s discuss my complete and utter hatred for the phrase:
I Love Me a Big Girl
1) I know I’m considered a Big Girl. I embrace my Big Girl Status. In 2011, with every Big Girl under the sun deciding that Fat is Ugly and losing weight, I kinda pride myself in being one of the last Big Girl’s standing. Take Note, I in no way promote Morbid Obesity, but everyone wasn’t meant to be skinny. We all know someone who used to be a Big Girl, lost all the weight, and just isn’t quite right. Like that Lutha’ Curl Cedric the Entertainer was talking about, they just can’t quite get it together. I don’t hate myself, I don’t hate being Fat. I don’t hate being considered Obese. I hate that it’s the only thing you see about me.
2) As per my “Save a Horse – Ride a Big Girl” blog, I know that we are sexier than most women. I know the sex is phenomenal, life changing even. I know that some dudes only date Big Girls, because they know the sex is the shyt. I don’t care. You do what the hell you feel you need to do. But how dare you come at me like, “The only reason you matter is because you are a Big Girl.” I’m trying to figure out exactly where the Big Girls are that fall for this, because all the ones that I know would probably punch a dude in the face if he even alluded that was the reason he was talking to her.
3) I’d love for a dude to walk up to a Skinny Bitch, and be like “Got damn girl, I love me a heaux that don’t eat food.” Or for a girl to walk up to a dude and be like, ” You walk with the Big Dick Swagger, I’m trying to holla at you.” It doesn’t matter that you’re thinking it. It matters that you can’t keep that shit to yourself. I know that I appeal to a certain type. Every dude isn’t going to look at me, and be like I’m trying to hump. But really, is that supposed to make me like you MORE? I often question men that are so quick to say they are attracted to Big Girls, because of the WAY they say it. They say with an expectation, like I am just going to fall in love with them because they take pity on my fatness. I could be wrong, but I honestly don’t think I am. I have been fat for the majority of my life, some shit you just figure out.
4) Also, don’t dudes lie anymore?!?! Like don’t you wanna pretend that you are trying to do something other than hump. Or have we, as women, been asking for so much honesty in everything else that a man thinks it’s okay to approach you and tell you, “I’m looking for a Cutty Buddy.” Did you think that because I’m Fat, I would be okay with that? Like oh, a man is paying attention to me. That’s more than I usually get, so I am going to jump at this opportunity. I just . . .
5) Gotdammit, Fat Girls everywhere, stop falling for the okey-doke. You are more than just the fat rolls and overly lubricated Vagina. That fat is a part of you, not the whole of you. Stop letting these men use that as the way they describe you. “This is my Big Girl *insert name here*. She is cute for a Big Girl ain’t she.” No Mu’Fucka, I’m cute got dammit. I’m not cute for a fat girl!
6) Are there some things we probably all want/need to chage about ourselves? Yes.
But that doesn’t mean that you need to go from a size 24, to a size two. I can tell you right now, I will NEVER see a single digit size. Not because I don’t think it’s possible, but because I don’t want to be that small.
Am I going to go back to the gym, and meet with the really sexy Mexican trainer that was my motivation to go to the gym? Yes.
But I’m not there to suddently have a happy life because I’m not fat anymore.
Skinny only Equals Happiness for Rich White People.
I will never be that. When I tell you I am so pissed off. Not even so much that men think it’s okay to say things like that. It’s moreso that we, as Big Girls, Skinny Girls, Tall Girls, Short Girls, Black girls, White Girls, Crippled Girls, Deaf Girls, Slutty Girls have allowed these labels to continue to define us. I know that looks matter, and so does physical attraction, but . . .
That’s. Not. All.
I couldn’t even make the effort to try to explain to this 25-year-old Man, who came from Philly, to live with his mother, who met me as I was getting out of my CAR, while he was standing at a gas station looking like a bum, and talked to me about me going to WORK at 7 in the morning, WHY I was insulted.
I REFUSE to take what the hell is handed to me. I am not going to drink the “Fat Girl” Koolaid……
….and neither The FUCK should you!